Thursday, February 10, 2011

Oh Marley. How you decieve.

So. Marley & Me. You remember this movie? It was the movie with the goofy commercials starring Owen Wilson, messing around with a dog that got into 'mischief' while Baha Men's "Who Let the Dogs Out" blared in the background.

Well, I never watched it. The advertising never appealed to me. Don't know why. But I ended up watching it. But, uh, kind of without planning to.

I got sick last Saturday night. It wasn't really pleasurable. Nothing crazy it just kept waking me up. I'd go to the bathroom. Fall back asleep. Repeat. I was by myself Saturday night so I decided to go to the Living room and sleep on the couch and watch a movie, to coax me back to bed. I started at 3am, and with "Knight & Day" which I rented from Redbox. The first half of the movie was pretty solid, but I didn't get to see the second half cause the dvd was jacked up. Awesome. Still wasn't asleep.

So I decided to see what collection of movies my roomate had laying around and I discovered "Marley & Me". I won't get into this, I thought. It's a movie about a goofy dog. Original it wasn't.

But 2 hours later, with a bathroom break or two keeping me up, I ended up watching the movie and thus, at 6am, by myself, in my apartment, sick, I was crying my eyes out like a child, over the death of a fake dog.

I cried. Then realized I was crying. Then I proceded to 'smh' and go to bed disappointed in myself. And in the advertising company for the movie. Then I thought about Marley again and cried myself to sleep.

WELP

1 comment: